Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sylvia Else[_2_] Sylvia Else[_2_] is offline

Default Pop Goes the Wha--?

On 9/07/2012 7:11 PM, Ron wrote:
I bought a 90 watt power pack/battery charger for my Dell laptop and
less than 3 months later whenever I plug it in, something quietly goes
"pop!" Probably a cap inside? I think the unit still works, but it
makes me nervous to use it. I doubt it's fixable in that almost solid
plastic case, but is it really safe to continue using or should I
ditch it and buy a new one? Opinions anyone?

Ron

I wouldn't be using any electric appliance that makes unexpected popping
noises. If you're lucky it might only burn your house down, and not take
you with it.

Sylvia.