Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Robert Macy[_2_] Robert Macy[_2_] is offline

Default where to get replacement PS2 mouse, or cables

On Jul 8, 6:41*am, "Jerry G." wrote:
...snip...
If you can figure out the exact spot where the break in the cable is, find someone who is good at cable splicing and has the proper tools. He can splice out the bad section. Also, if You can find some high quality 6 conductor cable of a similar type, you can have the technician splice in a new piece.

Using PS2 with Win98 is very old unsupported systems. There are no updates for security or performance improvements. You are at the time where a new system is required.

The plug is molded making connections a pain.

The end that breaks [usually] is near the mouse where all the flexing
occurs. I've been 'nibbling' away, shortning the cable to bypass
breaks and thinning. But, the cable's too short now and I'm too tired
to do that, just want a fistfull of replacement cables.

Appreciate comment about 'time for new system' but ...too many reasons
NOT to and not a SINGLE reason to replace.