Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Impact wrench (air) repair

"J. Clarke" fired this volley in
in.local:

There's an MSDS for Marvel Mystery Oil that says that the boiling
point is 172C. The MSDS for Dexron says that the boiling point is
above 315C. So clearly there's _some_ difference.

Yeah... they add a low-fraction solvent to reduce the viscosity and
"stretch" the expensive ATF.

Look... For whatever other uses, MMO was originally marketed as a "Top
end oil" for pouring down a carburetor to solve sticky-lifter syndrome.
That particular use is long obsolete, but still the product sells.

When I was younger, and all cars were carbureted, we used MMO and ATF
interchangably for the sticky lifter problem, and both worked equally
well.

Lloyd