Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default where to get replacement PS2 mouse, or cables

Robert Macy wrote:

thanks, did not know about availability everywhere now.

uh, there is NO USB driver installed on THIS Win98 system and not
allowed to install new SW that may , up already existing stuff.

just need a bunch of cables and/or that scrolly/thumb switch type
mouse. I put black eletrical tape over the scroll to disable it.

You may have hair and dust in the scrollwheel. I've cleaned a lot of
them. You don't say where you're located, but I see lots of them at
flea markets & thrift stores. Try Freecycle.org & Craigslist.com, if
you have local groups. I usually have the L/R pushbutton switches fail,
instead of the cable.

Everytime got down to viewing something on the internet, the scroll
would do something and then blank screen wait and wait to see what was
there BEFORE the scroll action took it away!

Only stores available around here are Safeway, Walgreens, Walmart.and
CVS

Fry's grocery a LONG way away.