Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default where to get replacement PS2 mouse, or cables

On Sat, 7 Jul 2012 13:22:39 -0700 (PDT), Robert Macy
wrote:

uh, there is NO USB driver installed on THIS Win98 system and not
allowed to install new SW that may ,,,, up already existing stuff.

You do not need a USB driver. A USB mouse, with the adapter, looks to
your computah like a PS/2 mouse.

just need a bunch of cables and/or that scrolly/thumb switch type
mouse.

See your local recycler or thrift shop for dead mice and cannibalized
parts. I probably have what you need if you're desperate.

I put black eletrical tape over the scroll to disable it.

Black tape is reserved for covering up the flashing 12:00 on VCR's and
DVD players. Please do not misuse black tape.

Everytime got down to viewing something on the internet, the scroll
would do something and then blank screen wait and wait to see what was
there BEFORE the scroll action took it away!

Are you running Vista?

Only stores available around here are Safeway, Walgreens, Walmart.and
CVS

All except Safeway should have mice. I know the others have
overpriced mice. If you really live in such an electronics deprived
area, I suggest exploring the benfits of online buying from eBay,
Amazon, Tiger Direct, NewEgg, etc.

How about a USB liquid mouse?
https://www.google.com/search?q=usb+liquid+mouse&tbm=isch
I have several. The kids really like them.

Then, there's the antique Prohance Mouse, which unfortunately comes in
Serial only. No PS/2 or USB. Still if you have a spare serial port,
it might be kinda cool (if you can find a driver):
http://llg.cubic.org/docs/prohance70.jpg

Then, there's the telephone mouse:
http://www.weterm.com/computer_accessories/phone_mouse.htm
I also have several of those. If you saw the Star Trek IV, where
Scotty tries to talk into the mouse on a Mac, you know where the idea
came from.

Fry's grocery a LONG way away.

Not the market. The computah store.

--