Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Impact wrench (air) repair

On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 06:57:25 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

fired this volley in
:

MMO
is also highly recommended - and one poster claimed CP repackaged MMO
as air tool oil - so where am I wrong????

Clare,
Marvel Mystery Oil is repackaged ATF.

Air oil is repackaged hydraulic oil.

You got the repackaging associations wrong.

It all works. The "magic" is in being able to sell two ounces for five
bucks of an oil that normally retails for five bucks a quart.

I passed up a gallon of it at $9.95 at the local Schucks AP several
years ago, and I'm still kicking myself. Ditto WD-40 at that price.
Evidently, in 2008, PepBoys had MMO gallons for $4.95. Wish I'd seen
it. I always have an extra $5 to drop on a deal.

P.S: Lloyd, learn to shop. Whoever you go to that's selling MMO for
$2.50/oz is selling it for _way_ above retail.

--
Truth loves to go naked.
--Dr. Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732