Posted to sci.electronics.repair
spamtrap1888 spamtrap1888 is offline

Default lawnmower motor magnet broken

On Jul 5, 10:01*pm, mark wrote:
After investigating a scraping noise, I found about 10% of one of the 2
halves of the magnet broken off. Removed and cleaned it up and it runs ok
except there seems to be a little vibration. I assume the field is not
balanced? What kind of glue/epoxy would work to reattach the magnet?

Maybe you are confusing cause and effect. Perhaps the vibration caused
the magnet breakage.

But to answer your question: Loctite 334 Structural Adhesive, High
Performance, is designed as a magnet adhesive. But you probably will
have gaps as you glue the broken pieces back in place, so use a good,
non-instant epoxy. But recall that like poles repel each other, so the
piece you replace will want to jump out. You will have to fixture it
properly to keep it in place.