Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dennis Dennis is offline

Default Impact wrench (air) repair

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
Picked up my impact wrench (1/2") and it stopped working. Pull the
trigger and all you get is air out of the exhaust. No rotation.

Is this worth tearing into? Could something be gummed up, not letting air
flow to wherever? I'm generally good at fixing things but I've never been
inside an air tool.
All advise appreciated. BTW, the gun does not have that many hours on it.
9 years with maybe changing two or three sets of wheels per year.

Thanks,
Ivan Vegvary

Ivan, I've a couple of air rattle guns & when they've done that I've just
squirted a load of wd-40 or similar into them and spun them by hand &
they've come good. Mine also sit idle for months at a time.