Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cern announces Higgs

On Wed, 04 Jul 2012 16:45:38 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Cern's LHC facility announced today a 5-sigma confidence in their having
discovered the Higgs boson.

Given that, they ferried the 83 year-old Higgs across the sea to
Switzerland for the announcement. They must be pretty confident.

They're still niggling over whether it's the "classic" Higgs, or a more
exotic form, but are sure it is a Higgs.

Physicists now have another toy!

Crikey, I sure hope a gate doesn't open up in my back yard tomorrow.
I'm calling Mimi and Tuffy to see if they can come over, just in case.

--
Truth loves to go naked.
--Dr. Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732