Posted to uk.d-i-y
James[_31_] James[_31_] is offline

Default Soil pipe -- to replace or not to replace

On 2012-07-03 20:50:57 +0000, ARWadsworth said:

Is that a lead waste pipe to a cast iron soil stack?

Thanks for the reply. I don't think it's lead, although having never
knowingly seen a lead waste pipe I'm happy to be proved wrong.

A photo from outside might give more clues.

Not much to see out there at the moment, but I'll take one when it's light.

Where does the **** pipe go to?

It goes out through the wall then straight into the soil stack via a
swept tee. The soil stack is outside, just to one side of the pipe.