Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default recharge auto a.c.

The auto parts stores sell recharge kits that include a a leak sealant,
but I have read that these are not recommended: e.g., if your vehicle
were still in warranty, use of such a product would void the warranty.

On top of which, unless one confirms there's not a leak of any
significance; it's pretty much a crapshoot as to whether the recharge
will last any time at all...

GM are (recently it seems) prone to blow compressor seals...had two in
last year (98 and 99 PUs and neither has 100k on it) whereas generally
I've had GM vehicles that never lost a charge entire time had
tem...perhaps there's some issue w/ not as many miles and new
refrigerants and seals; I don't know but I do know I'm not happy...