Posted to rec.woodworking
Pat Barber[_2_] Pat Barber[_2_] is offline

Default Motor Tablesaw

On 7/2/2012 6:22 AM, Victor H. wrote:
My Delta Unisaw has been working fine for fifteen years. Now all of
sudden when I push the start button the motors spins very slowly
tiring to get up to speed, but does not and after about five seconds
trips the breaker. I suspect one of the two capacitors. Could it be
anything else? Thanks.

Vic

Check the incoming voltage first.

It "might" be the centrifugal switch in the motor.
It "might" be the start/run capacitors.
It "might" be the motor bearing.

That is going to require a remove and take to the
shop for those issues unless you are very familiar
with electric motors.

I would vote for arbor bearing.(I been wrong many times)

The only real way to determine which is the problem
requires removing top and taking off belts.

If the blade spins with belts off, it is not the arbor bearing.

Start with start/run capacitors remove and replace,
if that doesn't fix it, time to remove the motor for
a trip to the shop.