Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Motor Tablesaw

Start capacitor is open. Current in the start winding
is low or non-existent and the run winding like a third or
forth gear is pulling away from a stop. Not designed to.

Simple to change, most have plug on connectors.
Buy the pair - replace both - at a motor repair place.
Otherwise from a good supplier.
Martin

On 7/2/2012 9:48 AM, tiredofspam wrote:
That's probably it.

On 7/2/2012 9:22 AM, Victor H. wrote:
My Delta Unisaw has been working fine for fifteen years. Now all of
sudden when I push the start button the motors spins very slowly
tiring to get up to speed, but does not and after about five seconds
trips the breaker. I suspect one of the two capacitors. Could it be
anything else? Thanks.

Vic