Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Windows 8 trial

On 2012-07-01, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artÃ*culo , The Natural
Philosopher
escribió:

ONLY windows STILL hasn't ported their bloatware to a stable underlying
operating system.

The NT kernel (which is used in all x86 versions of Windows up to and
including 8) is actually a pretty stable and reliable piece of
software. It was designed by an ex-DEC engineer who worked on VMS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Cutler

Dave Cutler is *70*. And bald. And grey.

Ghod, that makes me feel even older than my creaky shoulders and neck in
the mornings. He was (is) one of my heroes.

He used to have (might still have) a car license plate with 'CMKRNL' on
it.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org