Mike Reed

Default Cut List software? Codepath's last two lines deserve an Oscar. Can't stop laughing.

I think the .NET feature set is incredible, it's just the bugs that
ruin it. We use it for C++.

Two major examples:

When I pull code, and a project file changes, I only get prompted the
/first/ time -- if I pull later, I get no prompt and the project file
doesn't reload. We've had to resort to closing .NET completely,
pulling code, then restarting and reloading the solution.

RetardiSense(tm) only works about 10% of the time, and I can see no
pattern of when it works. Most of the time, I get the wonderful
"IntelliSense: 'No additional information available'" Ugh. Makes me
feel like I'm editing with Notepad.

The developers that released this piece of wonderment are "not too
shabby," huh? Dumbasses.

"Mark Jerde" wrote in message .. .
Mike Reed wrote:
I'm a game programmer and we were forced to "upgrade" to .NET for XBox
development. What a heap of crap it is. There are so many problems
that I can't believe it got out the door. Even more stunning is the
fact that there are no service packs for these problems.

;-) I've been writing code since the 1970's and I'm quite (favorably)
impressed with .NET. Of course it's not perfect but a lot of it is pretty
darn close. ASP.NET is better for web apps than anything else I know about.

I'm still pining for VB6-style MDE development windows because they make
much better use of screen space on multiple monitor computers. But other
than that everything I use has been improved under .NET.

YMMV... g

-- Mark