Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Dust free place to apply poly

Bill wrote:
I am scrambling for a location to apply (wipe on) poly to my
small project. This is my first time around on this.

The bench or shop where I made the project is surely a terrible
candidate. How about a freshly lined gargage can or cardboard box,
lying on it's side, with a stand inside? Obviously, I'm desperate! :
)

Hint from the auto painters: The environment in which the painting takes
place works best if it can be watered down. That is, the floor (bottom)
should be wet. The dust sticks to the wet floor (bottom of your container)
instead of the object you're painting.