Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default WTH? Should I buy a Volt?

On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 07:05:24 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

As for buying a Volt, with that rate the payback would only be about
20 years.

I figured more like 83.33 years. Based on estimated electric savings
of $40 a month and paying $40k for the Volt.
I'm going to pass on the Volt.

I was using the difference between the Volt and a comparable gasoline
sedan. You should check to see if GM is offering special financing on
the Volt. If you can get 1000 months at 0%, it would be worth it.

I did see one in the wild and it was a good looking car. I have to
wonder though, just how good is the heat on a freezing day or the AC
on a 90+ degree day. I like good climate control.