Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Are electric cars more energy efficient?

Gunner Asch on Thu, 28 Jun 2012 08:11:49 -0700

I am a big believer in hybrids, as a matter of fact.

I am now seriously thinking about getting a small car, because I drive
around a lot in my surplus business, and I hate to pay for the gas
guzzling pickup truck when it is not necessary. A hybrid is definitely
a very prominent possibility for me.

If you are looking for a small car, I would consider a diesel Golf from
VW. A friend of mine has one, and is very happy with it. It gets 40 or
50 mpg (if memory serves), and he gets ~600 miles to a tank. And the
heating and air conditioner work. I bet it's a lot cheaper than a
hybrid as well.

Joe Gwinn

A number of my cronies drive these, several on home brew bio diesel and
all are very happy with them

Diesel hybrids?

I like the idea of a hybrid for those short, around town trips.
(Of course, I live where such trips are more possible.) Let the
electric motor handle the stop and go traffic, with the gas engine for
when you can get up to speed.
--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the