Posted to alt.home.repair

Default WTH? Should I buy a Volt?

On Jun 27, 6:44*pm, Vic Smith wrote:
I just got a letter that says my village (Morton Grove, IL) contracted
with an electrical supplier to provide juice that ComEd was providing.
Effective rate goes from 8.5 cents per kwh to 4.42.
If I don't opt out, I'm in.
Sounds too good to be true.
Anybody else run into this?

--
Vic

Vic - CUB in IL has gotten past the legislature an ordinance that
allows communities to aggregate all the residents of that community
into a larger buying pool and getting lower electrical cupply rates.
COM Ed is still the distributor, and they will be billing you like
always The electrical supply charge the COM Ed folks get is anywhere
from 6.2 to 8.5 C per kwh, so you will see a reduction in oeverall
charges. I am in an unincorporated area of Naperville, and I just
signed up for First Energy Solutions to become my supplier at under
5.8C per kwh, not as much of a savings as you will see, but still
enough to buy some McDonalds at the end of the month.