Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default Communication wiring for a new house

On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 13:23:22 +0100
Caecilius wrote:

On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 10:33:40 +0100, Davey
wrote:
If you are renting it out, tenants are capable of ruining anything
you build, and stealing anything you install. So have good notes of
what you have installed, and make sure it's on the inventory. Take
photos of all sockets, dishes etc.

I was hoping that by putting cables in the walls and installing RJ45
sockets there would be less liklihood of the tenants drilling holes
through walls or gluing cables to skirting boards.

I don't plan to install any equipment like routers, wifi APs, switches
Etc. That would be asking for trouble, and I'd end up owning the
problem when it goes wrong.

Good plan. Be warned that even sockets can go for a walk!
Good luck; landlording isn't as easy as it used to be, as the rules
keep getting more onerous.
--
Davey.