Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Dust free place to apply poly

Mike Marlow wrote:
Bill wrote:

I am scrambling for a location to apply (wipe on) poly to my
small project. This is my first time around on this.

Why?

When I was reading about applying a polyurethane finish, there was
a great deal of concern about dust (specks), etc. I just wanted to
try to get it right. It's not like I didn't do some homework on
finishing with polyurethane before posting. If I had, I might have
ended up with the gel Leon suggested instead of Minwax "wipe on" poly
product. I haven't investigated the gel, but I do suspect that what I
bought will give me a suitable finish.

Does that answer your question?