Posted to sci.electronics.repair
isw isw is offline

Default Atomic CLock with pure 120v ac?

In article ,
Jeff Liebermann wrote:

On Sun, 24 Jun 2012 11:28:23 -0500, Jim Yanik
wrote:

Jeff Liebermann wrote in
:

If you use NiMH batteries, which tend to self-discharge at a rather high
rate,

the 2300 mAH AA Everready NiMH(not pre-charged) that I bought at WalMart
seem to not have a high discharge rate. I use them for my LED bicycle
lighting system. the NiMH cells came with a "smart charger".
I charge them maybe once a month.

With typical NiMH, I loose about 20% of charge in the first 24 hrs,
and then about 1% per day. I've confirmed this with my own tinkering.
After about 3 months, I typically have a half dead battery.

Try the Sanyo Eneloop cells; they claim about 85% after a year of
storage, and my experience using them in my camera confirms that.

Isaac