Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Klaatu Klaatu is offline

Default Atomic CLock with pure 120v ac?

wrote in message
Why do all the atomic clocks require batteries?

To prevent AC line noise from drowning out the time signal?

Makes no sence that I woul dbuy aclock to not have to reset
the time just so I can play with the batteries instead.

All the clocks in my house are atomic clocks except for the one on the
microwave and stove, and I never have to reset them except for battery
changes. Read your owners manual. Battery change is done once a year on
new years day. They do DST changes automatically. The only thing to reset
is timezone.

Anyone know of a simple analog atomic (naval time by radio) wall clock
that
uses only 120v ac and no adaptor? (Online specs?) Much obliged.

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm