Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Atomic CLock with pure 120v ac?

Jeff Liebermann wrote in
:

If you use NiMH batteries, which tend to self-discharge at a rather high
rate,

the 2300 mAH AA Everready NiMH(not pre-charged) that I bought at WalMart
seem to not have a high discharge rate. I use them for my LED bicycle
lighting system. the NiMH cells came with a "smart charger".
I charge them maybe once a month.

they hold a charge a lot longer than the DeWalt 9.6V NiCd packs for my
drill-driver.(and don't have the dendrite problem...) :-)

I also have some pre-charged,low self-discharge NiMH cells but they are
only 2100 mAH.

I'm not saying that is the case for ALL NiMH cells.....
but they -may- be improving on that self-discharge rate.

It also irks me that the NiMH cells in the stores don't list the mAH rating
on the packages.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik