Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Calling All Inventors. Fridge as dehumidifier.

On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 23:14:23 -0700, mike wrote:

(...)

I called the gas company and told 'em I smelled gas outside. It wasn't
from me and I didn't think it was a big deal, but... I'd hardly hung up
the phone when the truck pulled up.

He had a really cool gadget that was some kind of spectrometer. He
pointed the laser sight at the flue stacks on each house and said he
could tell if any unburned gas was coming out. Way Cool.
He had a more conventional sniffer for snooping the path of the gas
main.
Around here, they take it very seriously.

That is a Good Thing and as it should be, IMHO.

--Winston