Reestit Mutton

Default Quick skirting board question

John Greenwood wrote:
Thanks Rick,

The skirting is for my kitchen and I plan to put down some vinyl flooring
which is approx. 3mm thick.

I think it will look like a cow if there is a visible gap between flooring
and skirting so I might raise the skirting by 2mm.

Are you sure you didn't mean to say "drop".

What do you think?

John

The simple solution is to use wooden beading around the edge of the room.

A slightly more robust (and elegant) solution would be to board the
floor with ply first (adding, say 6-9mm to the height of the flooring)
before laying the vinyl on top. This would serve two purposes

(1) It levels the floor, so that the vinyl finish is smooth.
(2) It means you can leave that small gap under the skirting as the ply
will likely cover it and, if not, the vinyl on top certainly should.

HtH
RM

--
unlocking Nokia and SonyEricsson phones in the Edinburgh area
email: reestit_mutton AT lauriem DOT plus DOT com