Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
mike mike is offline

Default Calling All Inventors. Fridge as dehumidifier.

On 6/23/2012 9:58 PM, Winston wrote:

If it were a leak of that magnitude I think I and many many neighbors
would be aware of it, though. Not that the power company would do
anything about our concern...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39089768...ipeline-blast-
still-looking-odor-complaints/

--Winston

I called the gas company and told 'em I smelled gas outside.
It wasn't from me and I didn't think it was a big deal, but...
I'd hardly hung up the phone when the truck pulled up.

He had a really cool gadget that was some kind of spectrometer.
He pointed the laser sight at the flue stacks on each house
and said he could tell if any unburned gas was coming out.
Way Cool.
He had a more conventional sniffer for snooping the path of the
gas main.
Around here, they take it very seriously.