Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Calling All Inventors. Fridge as dehumidifier.

On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 22:07:38 -0400, Jim Wilkins wrote:

"Winston" wrote in message
I adjusted my water heater thermostat down by 7 degrees a few months
ago
and started watching my natural gas consumption numbers.

Initially I saw a 0.6 therm daily year-over-year decrease, then a 0.4
therm daily YoY decrease, then a 0.1 therm daily YoY *increase* and
last
month, the power company said I used as much gas as I did long *before*
turned down the water heater thermostat.

I wonder where all that extra gas is going? :/

--Winston -- Hopes this isn't an elevating experience.

Can you reconstruct from old bills if the water heater's gas consumption
was rising before you made the change?

Good question, Mad Professor!

January 2011 0.5 therms less per day than in January 2010
February 2011 0.2 therms more per day than in February 2010

April 2011 0.5 therms less per day than in April 2010

July 2011 0.2 therms more per day than in July 2010
August 2011 equal therms per day as in August 2010
September 2011 equal therms per day as in September 2010
October 2011 equal therms per day as in October 2010
November 2011 equal therms per day as in November 2010
December 2011 0.1 therms less per day than in December 2010
January 2012 0.3 therms more per day than in January 2011

So, it wasn't rising much, considering the noise in the data.

--Winston