Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Calling All Inventors. Fridge as dehumidifier.

On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 08:21:43 -0400, Jim Wilkins wrote:

"Winston" wrote in message
On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 18:52:30 -0400, Jim Wilkins wrote:

Mine are plastic with screw-on lid rings that fit too snugly. Rope
works
fine.

Double knot? Trucker's hitch?
--Winston

Bow knot, like shoelaces.
http://www.troop7.org/Knots/Bow.html

When the rope is wet and slippery I add the surgeon's variation of an
extra turn to hold the rope tight around the barrel.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surgeon's_knot

Funny how the mind works.
I use that bow knot twice a day and never thought to
apply it to anything else. Someday I will discover
a secure version; then I will only have to use it
once a day.

--Winston