Posted to uk.d-i-y
David WE Roberts[_4_] David WE Roberts[_4_] is offline

Default Kindle touch

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
o.uk...
Brian Gaff wrote:

I'd not touch a touch as it has no voice.
The keyboard one is far better from what my friends tell me.

For a blind person fair enough you'll want audio output, but
the headphone socket makes it yet another MP3 player, and the keyboard
makes it yet another computer - I prefer the kobo touch as it's decidedly
just* a bookreader.

* It does have a web browser under 'extras', but it'd have to be a dire
emergency to use it!

On the keyboard version I tried to send a mail message via Gmail using the
'experimental' browser but decided that life was far too short.
I put some .mp3 files on the system but it doesn't seem to find them so no
..mp3 player.
It does, however, do pretty well as an eReader.

I have noted that there doesn't seem to be any software progression - new or
better software - so the 'experimental' bits look likely to stay that way.
I would have liked the option to have 'proper' .mp3 software on there so you
could use it to play selected music whilst reading - I understand that it is
supposed to just play whatever is there with no playlist functionality. If
it ever plays anything.

Cheers

Dave R
[Not even bunny]