Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Heating oil price this morning = 52.13 pence, will it fall further?

On 2012-06-22, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 18:00:50 +0100, MM wrote:

I haven't bought any oil since August 2010 when I paid 38.5 pence a
litre to Goff Petroleum.

Good grief! Assuming that was 500l like you are just looking for, is this for
a holiday home? 500l in winter would last us a month if we are lucky.

07 Jun 2010 2000l 43.52
14 Dec 2010 1000l 54.50
20 Jan 2011 1000l 56.00
05 Mar 2011 2000l 56.52
01 Dec 2011 2000l 57.95
01 May 2012 2000l 58.67

That's 10,000l...

Jesus, what are you heating, a hotel? 1500 litres lasts us a year.

But many, many houses *are* huge. I could drive to Boston or King's
Lynn and pass dozens of them. Four or five-bed properties, even bigger
ones, too. Massive. Built in the days when there were servants, plus
large families.Take a look at a typical vicage from the Victorian era.
We have one in our village. Last asking price was over £600,000 when
'ordinary' detached 3-beds are going for £150,000, if they sell at
all, which they haven't been for the past four years.

MM