Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Kindle touch

No but I'd not touch a touch as it has no voice.

The keyboard one is far better from what my friends tell me. Most
instruction books these days annoyingly seem to present the introduction as
a series of funny pictures which I find very amusing on the old Kindle as
the people who seem to buy hthem have poor eyesight.
Brian

From the sofa of Brian Gaff -

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Jim Hawkins" wrote in message
m...
I've just bought one for my wife. It may well be a great product, but we
can't tell!
The instructions are so terribly badly written and organised. They seem
to be more in the nature of
notes of various features intended for users already very familiar with
the device.
The instructions with the original Kindle were bad enough, but those of
the Touch are
incomparably more useless.
As it's a device likely to appeal to OAPs, the handicapped, and the
not-so-with-it elderly,
one would have hoped for a good, clear, logically set out instruction
book. Some hope !
At least the original Kindle had a few buttons you could experiment with
in the attempt
to deduce the functions of, but The Touch has but one - the on/off !
Does anyone know of a decent third-party instruction book ?