Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Calling All Inventors. Fridge as dehumidifier.

"Winston" wrote in message
A spare refrigerator? No, I'm saying that the *only* refrigerator
in
the house condenses some amount of moisture out of the air as a
function of doing it's job. The pity is that we allow the fridge
to push that moisture back into the ambient as water vapor.
My point is that we can leave the condensate as deionized water and
use it for non-critical applications rather than allow the fridge
to humidify the house with it, as is the present case.

Good idea, if you can reroute the drain tube out and around the side
so you can reach its reservoir. AFAIK they run straight down inside
the back wall and the condensor coil prevents you from cutting an
access hatch.

I run a little 100W dorm room sized unit that needs occasional
defrosting.

jsw