Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Calling All Inventors. Fridge as dehumidifier.

On 22 Jun 2012 20:26:32 GMT, Winston wrote:

On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 06:39:46 -0700, Rex wrote:

On Jun 22, 6:40*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
"Winston" wrote in message

... Use your refrigerator to dry the
air in your house. Pull the condensate out of the drip pan with a small
positive-displacement pump.

I don't have water at my shop, because I'm cheap and I don't need much
water. But I do have a small window unit, and a barrel under the
condensate drip hole. Right now I have about 20 gallons in the barrel.

Holy Cow! How long have you been collecting that water?

It will do until I get the rainwater catchment system finished. then i
can clean the shop floor

Building on Jim's idea, it'd be nifty to use an open-top drum lid as a
hoop to secure the fabric.

http://i21.geccdn.net/site/images/n-...p/30038291.jpg

The hoop, not the lid. And you could fab one from some spare water
heater holddown strapping.

-- Sir Winston Churchill