Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Kindle touch

In article ,
Jim Hawkins wrote:
I've just bought one for my wife. It may well be a great product, but we
can't tell!

The instructions are so terribly badly written and organised. They seem
to be more in the nature of notes of various features intended for users
already very familiar with the device.

The instructions with the original Kindle were bad enough, but those of
the Touch are incomparably more useless. As it's a device likely to
appeal to OAPs, the handicapped, and the not-so-with-it elderly, one
would have hoped for a good, clear, logically set out instruction book.
Some hope !

At least the original Kindle had a few buttons you could experiment with
in the attempt to deduce the functions of, but The Touch has but one -
the on/off ! Does anyone know of a decent third-party instruction book ?

If you follow the instruction which says "look on the website", you will
find a good clear instruction book. It's around 80 pages, I think.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18