Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default Atomic CLock with pure 120v ac?

On 22/06/2012 18:10, wrote:
Why do all the atomic clocks require batteries?

Makes no sence that I woul dbuy aclock to not have to reset
the time just so I can play with the batteries instead.

Anyone know of a simple analog atomic (naval time by radio) wall clock that
uses only 120v ac and no adaptor? (Online specs?) Much obliged.

For flexibility of placement, quartz wall clocks have run on batteries
for many years. Having a visible power cable is ugly.

Radio controlled clocks have inherited this design requirement
unfortunately.

USB Power adaptors are pretty small, some not that larger than a plug.
Have a look at iPod or mobile phone accessories. If necessary adjust the
voltage downwards with a suitable series regulator. Single transistor,
resistor, capacitor and a zener should do it.

--
Adrian C