Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Heating oil price this morning = 52.13 pence, will it fall further?

On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 15:41:48 +0100, MM wrote:

But it'll be just my luck to postpone the top-up, and then get nearer
the bottom and then the price will suddenly shoot up.

Just keep an eye on the price of crude, say from the commodities page on the
BBC web site. And the various sites that will give a online quote price or
the graphs.

When the price of crude starts to rise again keep a very close eye on the
retail prices and when they start to rise, there is normally a week or so's
lag, buy. You might not get the very bottom price but unless the price sky
rockets you shouldn't do to badly.

I don't know why the price has fallen so much recently.

Over a 25% reduction in the price of crude since end of March early April. it
was $125/barrrel it's now $90/barrel. Other oil products where also stupidly
expensive at the begining of April, I paid 147p/l for supermarket diesel on
the 13th April, today I paid 135p/l. With crude currently at $90/barrel I
expect to see a bit more of a fall in pump prices but there is a 3.02p/l rise
in duty due on 1 August...

--
Cheers
Dave.