Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Calling All Inventors. Fridge as dehumidifier.

I noticed the pumps and price of gadgets would be far more than the two
dollars a year of distilled water that I saved. But, I'd forgotten the
defrost heater. Good catch.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message

It's a waste of energy if the water freezes on the evaporator coils
and needs trough heater electricity to defrost. It might work if you
disassemble the freezer compartment and blow enough air on the
evaporator with a fan to keep the temperature above freezing.

Still it doesn't match a window A/C unit that dumps the condensor's
heat outdoors.

jsw