Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Calling All Inventors. Fridge as dehumidifier.

"Winston" wrote in message
Use your refrigerator to dry the air in your house.
Pull the condensate out of the drip pan with a small
positive-displacement pump. Use the resulting distilled
water for plants or to fill your car battery or any
non-critical application like that.

--Winston --Pays for itself 1000x faster than PV cells!

I bought the small thermoelectric dehumidifier from Home Depot to dry
the bathroom after a shower and protect the machine tools in the
basement from rusting, when the outside air is as humid as it is now;
96% and 70F at 6AM with midday highs around 100F.
http://tinyurl.com/cbd3qtw

It costs 0.5 KWH a day to run according to the KAWez. For me that's
$0.07. Today will be its first serious capacity test. So far it's
collected about 50mL of water in half an hour.

jsw