Posted to uk.d-i-y
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default Heating oil price this morning = 52.13 pence, will it fallfurther?

On 6/22/2012 7:54 AM, Huge wrote:
Ian wrote:
writes
BoilerJuice is quoting 52.13 pence per litre for 500 litres as of
10:21 am on 22/Jun/12.

This is the lowest I've recorded since 31/Jan/2011.

Is it going to fall further?

That's a good price. I paid 55p per litre in March 2011.

I've got a 600 gallon (2500 litre) tank, and my annual refill time is
always in the spring. This year, I was hanging on in the hope that the
astronomical all-time high prices would fall when the warmer weather
arrived. In the middle of April, I thought I'd better order some - and
paid a massive 76.5975p per litre (£1531.95 for a 2000 litre fill).

I've always considered having a partial fill, and shift the proper
annual fill to the autumn. The problem is that, despite the present
price drop, history shows that the overall trend is for prices to keep
on rising. By delaying getting a complete fill, I risk paying more per
litre when I DO fill up. And, of course, it won't affect just my first
fill - it will be all the fills thereafter.

I'm not sure what the answer is.

Sweaters. Lots of sweaters.

And hot-water bottles.