Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Wireless Keyboard Q

"Mark" wrote in message
On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 12:29:45 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"Mike Barnes" wrote in message
id...
Dave Liquorice :
On Tue, 19 Jun 2012 14:46:51 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Most logitech keyboards seem to have printed on characters - rather
than
engraved - ...

Most keyboards have transfers these days, every single one I looked
at in PC World and Maplin a while back were transfers.

... which wear off quickly.

That seems to depend on the user. They don't wear off for me but they
do for the other half.

Ditto. I believe that hand creams can be responsible.

Can't be that. I have always had one hell of a problem with
the lettering never lasting long on the most frequently used
keys and have never ever used hand cream in my life.

I do agree tho that there is a hell of a lot of variation between
users and that result. Plenty have said their keyboard is fine
with some of the branded keyboards like MS and Logitech
that havent lasted long for me.

I have just changed over to using backlit keyboards like
the Logitech K800 which have proper double injection
moulded keys again and the backlight is a real bonus too.

At £75 I doubt they sell many of those.

They do anyway.

You can even get backlit wireless keyboards now.

According to Logitech the K800 is wireless.

Yeah, I know it has, I have one.