Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French chris French is offline

Default Connecting a Raspberry Pi to an old TV

In message , Gordon Henderson
writes
In article ,
News wrote:
In message , Gordon Henderson
writes

But yes, after that it will be B&W until you type something that gives
you colour.

B&W only. I've used the browser, and gone online, but only in B&W.

Sure it's a colour telly? ;-)

It does seem odd though! I don't know of any config. options to
make it B&W only though... You'd need a 2nd TV, or some other colour
video source (old VHS box with composite output?) to check...

No, i'm sure the Pi is outputting colour here (the bit about typing is
surely regarding the intial commandline screen., once you are into the
GUI it's colour).

It sounds like something has gone wrong twixt the pi and the TV,
probably to do with the Scart adapter
--
Chris French