Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Wireless Keyboard Q

"Paul D Smith" wrote in message
I'd be surprised if it worked. Some USB sockets are provided simply for
reading storage media and not for other purposes associated with
computers. I'd expect those on a TV to come into that category.

They're often designed specifically to support keyboards so they can they
add a basic (or better) web browser too. As others have indicated, many
TVs are now Linux based so it's easy.

Interestingly, using Linux means that the software, in some form, has to
be made freely available.

No it does not with what they choose to add themselves.

But I'm not aware of any "TV hackers" creating their own-brew TV
software - no doubt someone will be along soon to tell me about them!