Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default supplying accurate output voltage input voltage

Laurav wrote:

On Jun 15, 7:43 pm, Jamie
t wrote:

Ah, now comes the clue.... You don't have problems with your
voltage..

It's a simple matter of mass air flow and your motor design..

You need a closed loop PID controller to keep that steady..

No, it's definitely very voltage-sensitive.
The guy who makes and sells the turbine told me that the motor speed
is linear with the voltage, in the range of 100-120 V.
The motor speed varies greatly over that range, from close to zero to
max.
Laura

Yes, I hear you and still, it is a mass air flow and motor design
problem..

You most likely got a split phase shaded pole/capacitor motor that
is improperly being controlled.

Just your basic window fan motor that shifts greatly in speed under
just slightly altered conditions, including mass flow.

You need to closed loop controller...

Jamie