Zymurgy

Default New TV aerial choice?

PoP wrote
"David Cawkwell" wrote:

I'm thinking of replacing our rather cheap TV aerial with a new
aerial to improved channel 5 reception and hopefully allow us
to pick up digital TV.

The type of aerial is usually dependent upon the transmitter you are
receiving a signal from. Leastways, it was about 10 years ago when I
bought a new aerial.

Indeed, from Farnborough, depending if you're pointing at the Meridian
transmitter or back to the London mast, it's two different types of
aerial.

Your local aerial installer will advise what you need and even sell
you the right one for decent reception, and let you know where to
point it.

You then need to buy the fixings from Maplin and get a long ladder

Cheers,

Paul.