Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Metal plate for securing round post to flat patio slabs

On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 17:30:08 +0100, "Bert Coules"
wrote:

I'm looking for a neat way of screwing down a series of round wooden posts
(probably 90mm diameter, though that could be changed) onto a flat patio. I
know that Metposts make a square securing gizmo (hollow tube and flat base
plate) but as far as I can see neither they nor anyone else do the same
thing in a circular fitting.

Does anyone know of something suitable? Many thanks.

Bollards, I have seen such a thing holding up removable bollard
posts. A quick google finds something like this pictured near bottom
of page.
http://www.barricade-ltd.com/Product...-bollards.html

I expect there are others. Another search term would be court sockets
as some tennis nets are supported by something similar.
Can't see any being as cheap as the ordinary metpost type though.
Sometimes it is just as inexpensive to go to a small fabrication shop
of the type that is found on industrial estates everywhere and get
them to make someting to your exact spec, especially for a relatively
simple item such as what you want.

G.Harman