Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default The House the 50s Built

On Fri, 08 Jun 2012 16:14:03 +0000, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article o.uk,
"Dave Liquorice" writes:
On Thu, 7 Jun 2012 23:14:49 -0700 (PDT), harry wrote:

It was Hoover that first turned out the stuff for the masses. But it
was cheap ****.

Hum, the pre WWII Hoover vacuum cleaner we had was still going strong
well into the 90's. Far better than the modern (1960's) hoover, of
course... B-)

Still got a fully working Hoover Constelation (the giant ball which
floats on a cushion of air). As bagged cleaners go, it's pretty darn
good too.

Ah, my parents had one of those - I seem to remember they ditched it when
the motor started sparking. Probably just worn brushes, but I was only
about 5 at the time and my "take everything apart to see how it works"
gene didn't really kick in for another couple of years. Shame, as it
would have been nice to keep it, just for the design alone.

cheers

Jules