Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default The House the 50s Built

On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 11:44:33 +0000 (UTC),
(Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

In article ,
"Dave Plowman (News)" writes:

Are you or were you ever in charge of doing both? I am, since I'm single,
and having to use a launderette would be a dreadful time waster and chore.

As a student and for a short time after I started working, I used
a launderette. Would start up the machine, walk next door and buy
Private Eye, and I'd just about finished reading it when the
washing was done.

In a student household we lived across the road from one so didn't
have to wait on the premises, then one day one of the girls forgot all
about the time lock on the front door activating about 7 in the
evening so you could get out but not back in.
Apart from what she was wearing most of her stuff was in there,No
problem, I happened to know somebody who rented a flat above it and
knew that entry could be gained from the rear yard through a doorway
adjacent to my mates stairs. The Launderette owner didn't lock this
door till about an hour later when he came to check the place and turn
off things.
I nipped around the back and started to remove her clothes from the
dryer.
At the moment a Policeman walked in, I hadn't noticed him but he saw
me nip in the back and had followed, there was me looking like a
Knicker nicker. I explained and after following me back home to check
all was well,trouble was my mate upstairs had come down mid incident
and witnessed it all. Being a good mate he then told all and sundry so
for weeks I had to put up with various jibes from friends about
collecting from washing lines etc etc.

G.Harman