Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson sm_jamieson is offline

Default The House the 50s Built

On Monday, June 11, 2012 10:53:27 AM UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
dennis@home wrote:

"sm_jamieson" wrote in message

With such a small amount of dirty plates etc, you definitely don't
need a dishwasher ! Actually, I may be losing the argument. My sister
who did not want a dishwasher either has now sold out, and says her
new device has "changed here life". Oh dear ;-) Simon.

Unless you have a dishwasher you just can't understand their effect. I
wouldn't go back to being without one. You can take your washing to a
laundrette so the washer would go first.

Are you or were you ever in charge of doing both? I am, since I'm single,
and having to use a launderette would be a dreadful time waster and chore..
Doing the washing up on the other hand takes up little time.

--

Yes, its quite easy to do a bit of washing up whilst listening to something on radio 4. On the other hand, the launderette is for poor people and students. For some reason in my mind its in the same category as public phone boxes and people catching the bus. Oh and "Doctor Leg" (I once watched Eastenders about 10 years ago)
My wife has no car at the moment since someone drove into it, and she did not like the "courtesy" car (and we found out in the small print that we may end up paying for it **), and she is finding the buses somewhat improved, but I'm sure the novelty will wear off soon !

** The cost of the courtesy car may be taken off the value they give you for a write-off.

Simon.