Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder[_2_] Mr Pounder[_2_] is offline

Default This weeks bollockings for you know who:-)

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:
"Andy Champ" wrote in message
. uk...
On 10/06/2012 16:46, Mr Pounder wrote:
When I was an apprentice back in 1966 I served my time with a
very old school plumber. He was a total **** with me and worked
me like a dog. In his
eyes I was a bone idle ******. This was the days of standing at
the bus stop
in the ****ing down rain.
He once came back from his dinner hour and made me rip out every
pipe I had
put in. I worked through my dinner hour. There was nothing wrong
with my workmanship. He was a ****.
I later found out that I was regarded as being the best
apprentice on the company.
I was the only one that got C&G.
My old trainer will be long dead now, I sincerely hope that he is
burning in
hell for the hell he put me through.

Yes, but were you the best apprentice _because_ he put you through
hell? Andy

Yes.
But there was no need for him to do what he did to me.

So go on then, what happened?

I respected him and I did what he told me to do. I was the apprentice. He
was the Master.

He went over the top.

Were were an apprentice Catholic choir boy?

Heating And Ventilation Engineer.
Day release, night school and plenty of bull****.
You could get a full central heating system in those days for 250 quid.
Free if you lived in a council house. It took longer in council houses
because the neighbours would pop round and rip out all of the copper piping
and whatever else they could steal.